Brandon and I made baked ziti. Last year, I made a different version (not gluten free) so I was looking forward to putting a new spin on the recipe.
1 bag/box of gluten free penne (I used the Stop & Shop Brand)
12oz fat free ricotta
1 can of your favorite marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe’s)
8oz lite shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a lasagna pan.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, 1/3 cup of marinara sauce and red pepper flakes (if you want).
- To assemble, put 1/2 of marinara at the bottom of the pan.
- Put half the cooked pasta in an even layer.
- Put the ricotta mixture on top of the pasta in another even layer.
- Cover the ricotta mixture with marinara sauce.
- Put the rest of the pasta on top of the marinara sauce.
- Spoon the remaining marinara sauce on top.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over everything. (I topped with Italian seasonings)
- Bake until the cheese is brown & melts, about 20-30 minutes.
- Let the baked ziti rest at least 10 minutes before serving.
It seems like there were a lot of steps, but it’s all 1, 2, 3.
Let me know below if you try out the recipe!