Julie bought Brandon and I an apartment warming present which was so nice or her and not necessary. Thank you again Julie! She got us Baked By Melissa Gluten Free cupcakes! I’ve never tried them so I was excited since I’ve heard so much about them.
There was 6 different flavors: tie-dye, red velvet, triple chocolate crunch, caramel, cinnamon and birthday cake.
Here’s a breakdown from the Baked by Melissa website about all the cupcakes.
– Gluten Free Tie-Dye: Tie-Dye Cake with Vanilla Icing, topped with Rainbow Sugar Crystal
– Gluten Free Triple Chocolate Fudge: Chocolate Cake, filled with fudge stuffing, and topped with Chocolate Icing and Chocolate Quinoa Crunch Bark
– Gluten Free Red Velvet: Red Velvet Cake, topped with Cream Cheese Icing and Red Sugar Crystal
– Gluten Free Caramel: Yellow Cake, stuffed with Dulce de Leche, and topped with Dulce de Leche Icing and Salted Caramel Brittle
– Gluten Free Cinnamon: Yellow Cake with Cinnamon stuffing, and topped with Vanilla Icing and Cinnamon
– Gluten Free Birthday Cake: Yellow Cake, stuffed with Fudge, and topped with Chocolate Icing and Rainbow Bark
We liked the cupcakes. My favorite flavors were cinnamon, caramel and red velvet. Brandon’s favorite flavor was caramel.
Honestly, these were not the best gluten free cupcakes we’ve had and I was surprised that we did not like them more. The cake was okay and the frosting were too sweet. The mini cupcakes from Trader Joe’s are much better!
Baked by Melissa also makes macarons. I don’t really like macarons, but I’d be willing to try them. What are your thoughts on Baked by Melissa?