Halo Top is the new healthy ice cream trend. It’s lower in calories, sugar and carbs than regular ice cream. It’s low fat, higher in protein and made without synthetic growth hormones. You can eat the entire pint for between 240-360 calories (depending on the flavor). A serving is 1/2 cup and it’s 2-3 WW smart points. They also have a lot of gluten free flavors (yes, not all of them are gluten free).
- Birthday Cake
- Mint Chip
- Mocha Chocolate Chip
- Peanut Butter Cup
- Sea Salt Caramel
- Oatmeal Cookie
- Black Cherry
- Chocolate Almond Crunch
- Lemon Cake
- Red Velvet
I’ve only tried birthday cake, but I really liked it. You have to leave it out on the counter to melt for about 10-15 minutes. If you like your ice cream softer (like me), leave it out for longer. I usually take it out as we are cleaning up from dinner and while I meal prep lunches.
It doesn’t taste like regular ice cream as it’s more icey and not as creamy, but it’s an excellent substitute. If you want a healthy alternative, I’d pick this up. This is a staple in my freezer and I can’t wait to try more flavors. What should I buy next? Let me know below!
POST UPDATE 8/30/2017:
- Chocolate: I liked this. Nothing special about it, tastes like chocolate.
- Vanilla: Same thing as chocolate. It’s just vanilla.
- Birthday Cake: See the review above!
- Mocha Chocolate Chip: I’d call this flavor chocolate chocolate chip. I really like this one!
- Peanut Butter Cup: This is a great alternative for me. I can’t keep peanut butter in the house because I will eat an entire jar in one sitting. There’s actual swirls of peanut butter in the ice cream. It’s a must try.
- Sea Salt Caramel: This is one of Brandon’s favorites. It is the vanilla flavor with swirls of caramel and sprinkles of sea salt. It’s quite delicious.
- Pistachio: Come to me. I love this flavor. It tastes like pistachio. I do wish there was pistachio pieces in it.
- Chocolate Almond Crunch: This flavor was okay. It had a mild chocolate flavor, but it was mostly almond flavored. It really should just be called almond crunch.
- Lemon Cake: Holy crap. This is lemon meringue in an ice cream form. YOU NEED TO TRY IT.