I’m trying something new with this blog post.
I’ve been seeing a lot of new foods via Instagram, YouTube, word of mouth, walking around supermarkets/health food stores, etc. My curiosity got the best of me and I’ve tried a few.
- Nutritional Yeast
- Flax Seeds
I’m not a health expert, but I can go over what the benefits of each item are and what I think of them.
- Benefits: Anti-inflammatory effects and an antioxidant
- My opinion: It has a strong, peppery flavor. You only need a little to get the taste. It also turns your tongue orange! I use it as part of my regular seasonings now on vegetables, chicken, meat and fish.
- Benefits:high in glucaric acid (helps digestion), lots of probiotics, immune boosting
- My opinion: It’s gingery and bubbly. I know some people have a problem with the taste, but I don’t think it tastes like anything. I’ve tried a few different brands and flavors. They all taste the same to me.
- Benefits: filled with B vitamins, folates, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, selenium and zinc, low in sodium and fat, gluten-free, no added sugars or preservatives.
- My opinion: I add it as a topping to my salads. I thought it was going to give them a cheesy flavor. It doesn’t taste like anything. Maybe, I’m not adding enough?
- Benefits: richest sources of a plant-based omega-3 fatty acids
- My opinion: They are crunchy and I really like adding them as a salad topper or to my yogurt. If you have problems going to the bathroom, introduce flax seeds into your diet. You’ll have no more issues 🙂